Executive Head of Safety and Sustainable Development for Anglo American Kumba Iron Ore
Currently employed as Executive Head of Safety and Sustainable Development for Anglo American Kumba Iron Ore. Started on the Gold mines as a learner official in 1981. Progressed to the appointment of Safety Professional in 1984.
- 28 years’ experience in senior leadership roles within global multinational mining organisations.
- Successfully worked and implemented programs in more than 18 countries worldwide
- Provided Safety leadership and mentoring to senior management teams across several geographies.
- Developed risk-based Safety Management Systems to an ISO and ICMM Standard
- Integration of processes into business management ensuring ‘line management’ accountability and commitment
- Facilitated a cultural change across internationally recognized organisations to move safety from a ‘priority’ to a true core value
- Effectively implemented fatal prevention strategies
Completed an MBA through Queensland University as well as a B Tech degree in Safety Management and various short courses in the SHE world
Is a member of the Anglo American international Safety Board
Is a full member of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa
Served as an Executive director of the Sishen Iron Ore company
Was president of IOSM – 2010-2011
Is a registered Safety Professional through IOSM
Is registered as a Charted Safety professional through SAIOSH